Joint IALA/IEC WG meeting on VDES
Web meeting (The link is open for registered participants)
September 14th 2021, 10:00 to 15:00 UTC
IALA ENAV WG3 and IEC TC 80 WG15 agreed to hold joint meetings to progress the work towards a description of requirements for VDES suitable for inclusion in an IEC test standard.
Recommendation ITU-R M.2092 defines mainly requirements regarding the VHF Data Link, i.e. the behaviour on the radio link. An IEC standard specifies technical requirements, methods of test and required test results for equipment implementing the functions of the VHF Data exchange system (VDES) as defined in ITU-R M.2092.
To foster the development of a VDES test standard it was decided to hold intersessional joint IALA/IEC WG meetings with the possibility for physical and virtual participation.
Due to travel restrictions in most parts of the world due to the Corona crisis, the first session of the Joint IALA/IEC WG on VDES will be a web meeting instead of a personal meeting.
The aim of the meeting is to establish a working environment for the development of a draft VDES test standard that eventually shall become an international IEC standard.
– AGENDA OF THE MEETING –
- Welcome to the meeting, short introduction of participants
- Setting up the scene
- Status / activity on VDES at IMO (Hideki Noguchi)
- Status / activity on VDES at IEC (Stefan Bober)
- Prototype development (manufacturers)
- Discussion in use cases -> converge use to see their impact on the VDES station design
- Discussion on how to draft the VDES standard
- One or more standards covering functions of VDES
- Content, minimum requirements, method of tests, required results
- structure of standard, ISO/OSI layers
- Splitting the task
- setting up sub groups
– VENUE –
The meeting will be held online (MS Teams), and the link will be sent to registered participants.
Contact: Stefan Pielmeier Stefan Bober
Chair IALA ENAV WG3 Convenor IEC/TC80/WG15